Let’s not mistake lack of skill for lack of potential
We can forget that we are not our thoughts, our beliefs or our feelings.
When we feel bad about a shortcoming, we can mistakenly think we’re no good or. there’s no hope.
We can convince ourselves that we can’t, we could never or it’s not possible. We condemn our potential.
Those feels are real, but the observation implicit in them isn’t decidedly true.
We may in fact suck at something, or, if I’m being gentler, we may he deficit in a skill.
But make no mistake, skills can always be learned. Always… in five steps in fact.
- Get clear on where you are.
- Get clear on where you want to be.
- Get clear on what need to learn to get there.
- Consult an expert who can show you the way.
- Do the work like your success depends on it.