Finding The Good:
It’s even more important to notice the good in bad times.
Our natural awareness leans towards being vigilant against threat. We tend to notice the bad more so as a way of ensuring our survival.
This is good. Until the scale tips too much in that direction.
We’ll need to purposely notice the good to balance it out.
It will feel unnatural, but is necessary to maintain our perspective and our health.
Consider this reflection on the week. Use a pen and paper to record your answers as that connects the mind and body in a way that satisfies another primal need… action in the face of threat.
Reflect on this past week and ask:
- What went well (be specific)?
- What could improve (be very specific)?
- What lessons did you learn?
- What do you know better now?
- What are 5-10 things you are grateful for?